MODERNISATION BULLETIN July 2021 – What’s happened so far?
We made some improvements during the lockdown period: –
- We fixed the flat roofs, so they no longer leak!
- The whole Village Hall has been repainted inside. It now looks fresher and brighter.
- An electric hot water system now feeds all the basins in our toilets.
That sounds good, but didn’t you also send out a questionnaire?
Yes we did, to everyone in Wickham Market, Pettistree and Loudham, and in general you want: –
- A modern, efficient, Village Hall that where possible uses renewable technologies.
- Excellent soundproofing between the Main Hall and the Committee Room.
- More storage, both for Hall furniture, and for use by regular clubs.
- A more relaxing, accessible, and better equipped bar area.
- A bright, warm, and welcoming entrance with much better disabled access.
- A new pitched roof over the whole Hall if possible.
- The pebbledash rendering outside stripped off and replace with modern cladding.
- The car park to be given designated bays for Village Hall use, and a bike/buggy shed.
What are the next steps?
- Currently we are considering making some internal changes to make better use of the space we already have in the Village Hall.
- First we need a structural survey. We are now asking three engineers for estimates before we engage the best one.
How much is the Modernisation all going to cost?
- Not sure, but likely to amount to several hundred thousand pounds.
- Fortunately we already have just over £96,000 in our reserves. That’ll help, but….
- We will have to apply for grants but also need to gather more funds ourselves. So we are starting up an Events Team to plan a programme of regular events in the Village.
- If you would like to join this Team please contact:
Modernisation Steering Group (01728) 747229